Saturday, August 29, 2015

Visit to Austin

We went to Austin the first week of August to visit Eric and Dane and the Lulfs.  Erin was home for the second half of summer, after spending the first half doing evangelism training in Florida.  Andrew had moved back to Austin to go to ACC and work after spending the last year or two working as a deck hand on sailboats.  Tim was selling outdoor kitchens and Tina was still doing her insurance printing.  They were all doing so well that we had to get down there and introduce them to Paige.  

We left early on Monday morning and picked up Carleigh in downtown Dallas.  We made it to Austin in time for lunch at the bus with Eric.  We got to the Lulfs that afternoon and put Paige down for nap. We just sat around and talked and hung out and had a great time.  I love being there.  It's like another home for me.  I still know their house phone number by heart.  I got to hear all about Erin's year and her plans for her senior year in nursing at Samford.  Plus, her best friend Sarah's wedding was that weekend so I got to see all the details for that.  They loved getting to see Harper so big and reminded her of her booty shaking from last year.  They got to love on Paige and play with her and feed her.  She was pretty good the whole way there but started teething pretty bad that evening.  We tried putting her to bed at 8, but picked her back up at 9 so Cody could run to the store for tylenol.  She finally went to sleep at 930 and of course woke up at 530 the next morning.  

The evening, Eric and Dane came over to hang out and have dinner.  They came and just talked and laughed and we had the best time.  I love when I get to just relax with my brothers.  It doesn't happen often but it's the best.  They stayed all night and I think they had a good time just relaxing too.  They both work so many hours and so hard.  They played with Harper and she loves to act crazy with them.  At one point, Dane and Harper were upstairs just hanging out watching The Princess Bride.   

The next morning we woke up and just got to hang out with the Lulfs.  We chatted all morning and ate good food and played around the house.  Midmorning, Cody took Carleigh to hang out with Eric on the bus, Tina stayed with Paige while she napped, and Erin took Harper and I to the neighborhood pool to swim for a bit.  After nap time, we headed to Eric's house to hang out for the evening.  I had asked Eric if he wanted to go with me to get a tattoo.  I had been thinking about it for awhile and had decided to finally get one.  We went to a place by his house and it was definitely nicer than I expected it to be.  I was totally nervous about it but it turned out to be ok.  We even took the girls in with us because it was only going to take about 15 minutes.  I had a picture of what I wanted and he sketched it and drew it.  Yes, it hurt like heck, but it took all of 1 minute.  I really like my tattoo, but that's a whole other post.  After that, we went and had dinner at Eric's.  Dane came over after work and his roomates were there as well.  Eric loves to just grill a bunch of meat and veggies so we had a huge spread.  It was nice to just eat and talk and hang with them in their environment.  Around bedtime, we changed the girls into their pjs and headed home.  It was a decent drive and both girls did great.  We dropped Carleigh off at midnight and made it home about 1am.  For a quick trip, it was a great one!

















No comments:

Post a Comment