Monday, August 17, 2015

A Saturday with my Girls

Even though I am home with these two sweet girls every day, Saturday and Sunday are still different than Monday-Friday.  I'm not as forced to be productive and I don't usually have as much on the calendar. This particular Saturday, Cody was gone.  Last minute, he decided to go 4wheeling with his parents in Bulcher, TX.  Cody owes me too because I was the one who pushed him to go.  He doesn't get to do that much fun stuff.  He likes to be home with us girls.  But I knew that he would have fun if he went so I told him to go.  He did have a good time so it was worth it.  

Since it was last minute, we didn't have any plans.  It was a decent day outside for July, so we spent some time outside.  Paige had her first swing and did pretty good.  She liked it but didn't like the sun in her eyes.  Harper played on her playset but still gets bored if no one will play with her (which I can't sometimes because of Paige).  We still had fun and even the dogs enjoyed the nice morning with us.  Paige took a nap and Harper played while I picked up the house.  Then lunch and long naps.  After that, we decided to go to the park since it was still relatively nice out.  Awesomely, we discovered that our favorite park is in the shade in the evenings, so it wasn't even too hot to play on.  While Harper ran around, I was holding Paige like normal.  But she had been so antsy to be down and playing that I let her climb on the step while I sat with her.  It ended up being perfect and she had a blast.  







So after playing outside for awhile, we went in and had lunch.  Both girls were exhausted because we stayed out too late at Music on Main the night before.  Harper decided she didn't want to drink her water, which we require her to do each meal.  I wasn't angry but I wasn't backing down.  So she cried for over an hour straight, back and forth between the kitchen and time out.  She just bawled and cried and lost her marbles.  It was pitiful.  I finally put her in time out on the couch and told her to nap (which she considers a punishment because she doesn't like to nap) she actually fell asleep.  This kid was tired (she NEVER naps).  She slept for over an hour and a half.  I should have woken her up though because she didn't go to sleep that night until about 10pm.  Seriously, my kids have to go to bed early or life pretty much ends.


After naps, we decided to go to the park since it was still relatively nice out.  Awesomely, we discovered that our favorite park is in the shade in the evenings, so it wasn't even too hot to play on.  While Harper ran around, I was holding Paige like normal.  But she had been so antsy to be down and playing that I let her climb on the step while I sat with her.  It ended up being perfect and she had a blast.  She even liked the slide.  It was pretty flat at the bottom so she was able to sit there for awhile as well.  When she started licking the poles, it was time to go.  As we were leaving, we decided to go down to see the ducks real quick.  I should have known not to go down there without bread, but we tried it anyways.  Thankfully, neither Paige nor Harper were terrified when all the ducks and geese came rushing at us.  Creepy birds.  









No comments:

Post a Comment