Monday, May 26, 2014

Painting and Playing

We had a few projects to do at the barn one day afterschool.  Harper was wanting to paint like us, so we let her paint with some old house paint and an old flower pot.  I didn't really intend to do anything with it, but she painted it pretty well, so we are going to let her plant some flowers in it.  I will admit that I don't know what I was thinking, letting her paint in her clothes.  It didn't take long before I stripped her naked and let her paint.  Eventually, she got tired and wanted to sit, so she found a box.  Cute girl.  She just kept painting and painting and we did have to smooth over some parts that were an inch thick with paint.  But she did the whole thing and then went off to play while it dried.  I love that she can just run up and down the pasture, playing with the dogs and jumping on the trampoline.  While she was playing, Cody made me a planter box for some plants to be the centerpiece for our table.  He is getting to be a master craftsman!  On a sidenote, Harper did come running needing to use the restroom at the end of the evening.  However we were far enough away, that I knew she couldn't make it back in time.  So sadly, she went, outside, just like that.  It's the country folks, what else can I do?










No comments:

Post a Comment