Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reesey Peesey Lemon Squeezy

Ok, so I'm sure my sister will not allow me to call her this, but everytime I think of my sweet new neice, I think Reesey Peesey Lemon Squeezy.  It's catchy.

Reese Marie McCool was born on Tuesday, August 28th at 12:14 pm.  She weighed 7 lb. 6 oz. and was 19.26 in long (what's with measuring to the hundredths?).  She is absolutely beautiful!


Monday, Kristen and I went shopping for furniture for their new house.  They sold their house at the beginning of the summer but weren't able to find a house they loved until the end of July.  So they have been living in a friend's guest house (a barn!) for about a month.  They move at the end of September and it's a beautiful house.  So glad we have pinterest for this one!  Anyways, she felt great Monday and it was almost surreal that she was having Reese within 24 hours.

Tuesday, I left Harper with Serena and picked Kristen up at 9.  We got to the hospital at 10, were immediately put in a room, changed, and pretty much ready to go.  It's so different when you have a scheduled c-section.  They were so non-chalant about the whole thing.  Brian and Kristen went back at noon and she was out 14 minutes later!

Reese's door decoration

I ran some errands, got lunch, and then went and sat around the waiting room.  We didn't actually even hear that she had arrived until 2:00.  I guess she was causing some commotion because she was kinda pissed off about being born.  In all her first pictures, she is giving Kristen the biggest stink eye.


At 2:30, I finally begged my way into the room with a redbull for Brian and got to hold sweet Reese.  I absolutely love her!  She is absolutely beautiful and already has such personality.  She is definitely going to be outspoken when she grows up.  And I have to brag...  She immediately stopped crying twice when I got her.  I think she loves me already!


The family arrived by busses and we all took turns passing her around.  The McCool's brought Grayson up but he was overwhelmed by the amount of people.  He also was not quite sure why he should go kiss the crying thing in the blanket.  But he had fun running around the hospital and having Car and Tay chase him.  Cody brought Harper up after work and she followed Grayson's around the hospital.  It's so stinking cute how much those two cousins already love each other.




The family arrived by busses and we all took turns passing her around.  The McCool's brought Grayson up but he was overwhelmed by the amount of people.  He also was not quite sure why he should go kiss the crying thing in the blanket.  But he had fun running around the hospital and having Car and Tay chase him.  Cody brought Harper up after work and she followed Grayson's around the hospital.  It's so stinking cute how much those two cousins already love each other.

Grayson was a little overwhelmed by all the people so he was a little shy

Grayson loved his bucket!  He got a car, a bouncy ball, a coloring book, and fruit snacks.  

My favorite little man

Best Cousins

We took a few family pics, and headed out, hoping to give the sweet new family of 4 some peace.  We had dinner with Dad and came home and crashed.  On the way, Cody bragged that Reese quit crying for him too, so we felt like she already knew how much we loved her.



Harper showing us Reese's eyes

Harper giving Reese kisses

It was a great day.  Kristen did awesome and is feeling pretty good.  And sweet baby Reese is amazing and beautiful and fully loved.  



No comments:

Post a Comment