Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Klusman Family Reunion

We went to visit Carl and Gladys Klusman, my grandparents, last weekend.  I absolutely adore my grandparents.  They are still in love after 65 years, still have a sense of humor, and they love their family with everything they have.  They are getting older and my fear was that my little girl would never get to know the love of these two people like I had.  But when we walked in the door, it was all Grandma could do not to grab her out of my arms.  She was just as ready to meet Harper!  My Grandma is one of those wonderful, All-American Grandmas.  She always has homemade cookies made, pictures to show, and a game to play.  I remember so many things about growing up with them that I can't wait to pass on to Harper.

We left at 5am on Friday morning, somewhat dreading the 8 hour drive.  But God is good, and Harper slept the whole way there!  We got to Kansas in the afternoon and spent the evening hanging out with my grandparents and Aunt Pat and Uncle Don.

Us with Grandma and Grandpa


Aunt Pat and Uncle Don

My sister Kristen, her husband Brian, and their little boy Grayson also met us there.  They are smarter and flew to Kansas.  Sadly, Grayson got sick on the way from the airport to our grandparents house.  However, we had their suitcase in our car driving up.  So Gray had to run naked for awhile.


My parents were not able to go with us because they had some visitors coming to town.  So they sent my sisters, Taylor and Carleigh, with us.  What help!  It was nice to have people to keep Harper happy in the car and help with the babies while we were there.

Saturday morning was fun.  We all hung around the house and watched the babies.  Grayson is so fun in the mornings.  He eats a big breakfast, watches cartoons, and plays for hours with toys.  He is constantly making some kind of noise too.  And he's such a boy compared to little Harper.  It's fun to see all the little things that go on in people's lives when you see them from sun up to sun down.

Grayson and his toys - some of which have been around for over 30 years!

Grayson and Grandpa

Saturday afternoon we went to my Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim's house and a ton of family came to visit.  At any point of the night there were at least 15 or more kids in the pool, ranging in ages from 1 year old to 16 years old.  So crazy!  We had a great time hanging out and visiting with all the cousins and aunts and uncles.

Aunt Sharon and Uncle Jamie
Their 1st son, Cole, was also colicky so they did a great job with Harper!

Grayson and Camden Bausher

Sunday morning was sad because we packed up and headed home.  It was a short visit but so worth getting to see the family.  Next year Harper will be able to do more and it will be so much fun!


1 comment: